For almost 70 years, the litigation firm of Higgins, Cavanagh & Cooney has provided clients in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut with dedicated representation in all phases of insurance defense and coverage litigation.
Over the years, our team of lawyers has handled numerous cases involving various insurance coverage issues, including cases involving extracontractual liability, claim-handling practices, insurance fraud, breach of contract, intentional torts, and bad faith.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, our attorneys are already addressing critical questions that insurance industry officials will inevitably face and the legal claims that are certain to arise from distressed policyholders.
- What types of business interruption insurance will most likely apply in the COVID-19 crisis?
- What other insurance recovery claims will probably arise?
- What defenses might be available to these and related COVID-19 claims?
- What exclusions might prevent coverage in standard insurance policies?
- What proven strategies should be considered in COVID-19 related coverage cases?
- What impact will civil authority orders have on COVID-19 losses?
- Will the failure to obtain federal assistance be a factor in mitigating damages?
During the months ahead insurance carriers, as well as their in-house counsel, risk managers, and TPAs, will be severely tested while placing unparalleled reliance upon outside counsel to achieve exceptional results, competitive rates, efficient billing practices, and effective case management.
The attorneys and staff at Higgins, Cavanagh & Cooney stand ready to assist our insurance industry clients in any way possible.
If you have questions about any recent developments pertaining to the pandemic or any pending legal matter, please do not hesitate to contact any of the partners at the firm. We are always available.
In the meantime, everyone here hopes that you, your colleagues, and your families remain safe during these trying times.